Many factors can influence the wear and tear of jewellery. Here are some important tips to help you keep your jewellery looking its best so that you can enjoy wearing it for many years.
- Always store your jewellery pieces individually in your Rosie Kent box, so that they don’t rub together, scratch or tangle.
- Take care to avoid ehumidity or heat exposure, this will cause tarnishing. Avoid storing your jewellery in the bathroom or near a radiator. Your gold plated & silver jewellery could be stored in a small sealed plastic bag when not worn, this will keep out air which causes oxidisation.
- Silver naturally tarnishes with exposure to air, we would recommend you use a silver polishing cloth once a week to wipe the surface of your jewellery with gentle pressure. This will clean the metal of your jewellery also of skin particles, perfume, food etc.
- We recommend removing rings when washing your hands or moisturising and in particular when doing the washing up - washing up liquid is one of the only substances that can actually wear down diamonds over time so that they lose their lustre. Additionally, it is always advisable to avoid wearing jewellery when doing manual labour (such as gardening or home DIY), cleaning, doing exercise or playing sports.
- Apply any perfume, body lotion or creams and let dry before you put on your jewellery.
- Do not shower and bath or swim in your silver & gold plate jewellery.
If your Rosie Kent jewellery is in need of repair or TLC please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to help.